Wednesday, April 19, 2017

WPR - NPR Interview

Click the link to listen to my latest radio interview -- this one on Wisconsin Public Radio's "Central Time."  In it, we discuss my new book, Convicting Avery (Prometheus books, 2017), along with several aspects of Wisconsin's criminal justice system including our unconstitutionally low burden of proof, police interrogation tactics, and false confessions.  One of the callers, a former juror, raised a great point about Wisconsin's jury instruction on reasonable doubt.  Paraphrasing, he said: "The judge told us 'not to search for doubt.'  I had doubts about the case, but they weren't things that the lawyers had brought up.  So was I not supposed to consider those unless the attorneys raised them first?"  Finally, for more on my research and controlled studies on Wisconsin's unconstitutional jury instruction on the burden of proof, visit my articles page of CicchiniLaw.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment